Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What color curtains should I use in my living room? We have a sage green couch, anitquey yellow/cream walls.?

The only prob. is we have a light wooden border around our window in the front room, as well as a lighter colored wood endtables. The couch looks more light brown, the sage green couch IS green but a darker shade that looks brown. HELP!What color curtains should I use in my living room? We have a sage green couch, anitquey yellow/cream walls.?
Maybe a textured sage green vine embroidered curtain that has a cream colored bass. Or get wild with maybe a light orange colored curtain of some kind!What color curtains should I use in my living room? We have a sage green couch, anitquey yellow/cream walls.?
Perhaps a light to medium brown or colonial brick red, depending on the hue of your sage green and yellow/cream walls. I might suggest that you could go to your hardware store and get paint samples or color wheel of colors that could be curtain colors you like. And/or go to a fabric or drapery store to get samples there. You might like to place the samples in sunny and shady spots to see if there is a difference in appearance.


My silly rule of thumb I used to teach my kids to dress themselves: Do the colors hug each other or do they want to fight! Have Fun!
I usually like the match the curtains to the walls as closely as possible. This gives the walls a seamless, less choppy look and makes the room appear larger. Try the yellow creamy color.


http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?De鈥?/a>


http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM鈥?/a>
I think that you should go with a two toned wall of oranges, it would really compliment the sage green and make the brown not so brown!
I'd do a soft beige. It's a good color between the sage and the cream walls.
Best idea.





Look through the room make overs online (HGTV or something) when you find a room with your paint color and color furniture...
A rusty red color.
try green curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment