Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I want to paint my kitchen with a color that will make my cream colored cabinets look less yellow.Suggestions?

We just put new tile in the kitchen and because the tile is darker, it seems to make the cabinets look yellowish...I'm looking for suggestions for a color to paint the kitchen walls that will tone down the yellow.I want to paint my kitchen with a color that will make my cream colored cabinets look less yellow.Suggestions?
I'd suggest a shade of olive green, like ';lemon verbena'; by sherwin williams. the color will harmonize with the yellow tint, rather that highlight it. Check it out:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>I want to paint my kitchen with a color that will make my cream colored cabinets look less yellow.Suggestions?
The only way to pick a color (for me) is to get some of those little paint swatches from the store and hold them up to the cabinets in the room and see how they look
Why don't you just paint the cabinets white or black? What color are your walls now? I guess if you didn't want to paint the cabinets, I'd paint the walls orange!
Try a heavily red-toned color, depending on how your house is colored a mahogany or brick red might look nice, or a more dulled reddish would work. This will make the cabinets appear more ';golden'; than just ';yellow'; and will help contrast with the blue tones in the cabinets giving them a more natural look.
I would suggest blue





**because blue ..especially leaning toward violet cancels out yellow**
terracota
There are very many different colour ';Whites'; today at the paint shops. Some are White,White and go more to cream.





I would go for a whiter colour, darker colours make a room look small.





Maybe put a border around if you have tiles halfway up the wall as well, with whites and blues in. Or whatever your kitchen colours are. Hard to say without a picture.
brown or blue. a nice chestnut brown would look hot i think. a nice brown, not a dingy brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment