Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How can I make my bedroom look all modern, when it consists of yellow/cream colored walls?

And don't say paint them a different color, because I can't...





So what do I do? cover it in posters? Pictures? Leave it?





My room has lots of space, i would say around 6m x 9mHow can I make my bedroom look all modern, when it consists of yellow/cream colored walls?
I think if you added things like shelves, switch plates and other hardware in the room to stainless steel you'd make it look more modern. You could also put up a really modern light fixture/fan and some modern sleek lamps. You might also look at window coverings - some blinds now come in a metal type finish or some modern microfiber curtains in charcoal gray. I would also look for other items in a charcoal gray finish (not black but a smooth dark gray color). Yellow/cream looks great with these finishes. You could also frame (in sleek black frames) some modern abstract prints/posters or make your own. Hope this helps!How can I make my bedroom look all modern, when it consists of yellow/cream colored walls?
Yellow/cream walls can be a good canvas to start on. There are many accent colors that you can add. I think black would look really good and modern. You can get a bed set that has black %26amp; tan in it,add some Black throw pillows. Put black accents around the room (vase,candle holders) and a few white items for a kick.
Check out HGTV's web site. ( hgtv.com) They have many shows ( ie. Design on a Dime) that show similar problems for people living in apartments or rentals where painting the walls are not an option.





window treatments, pictures, accessories and other room accents can help give the room the style and color you want.



Repaint, add crown mouldings and modern baseboards, install new switch and plate covers and have a look at some moder light fixtures. If you want to go further check window coverings and furniture.
feature wall





http://stores.ebay.co.uk/2734-PAINTSHOP_鈥?/a>
Search it on web
http://teensthemes.com/black-and-white-c鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment