Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Why did my carpet cleaning machine leave yellow staines on my cream carpet when I used Oxy Clean?

I have cleaned my carpet using my little green machine and oxy clean solution. It has left faint yellow stains behind. I would like to know why this has hapened and if I can get rid of them, thanksWhy did my carpet cleaning machine leave yellow staines on my cream carpet when I used Oxy Clean?
You should always always always spot test your carpet before you clean it with anything you haven't safely used before. All products that claim to be colorsafe have a warning on the packaging telling you to double check before using it.


I learned the hard way by trying a white vinegar-water solution to clean up a mess, and now I have a big brownish spot on my carpet. :(


You can try using a different stain remover, like resolve, and see if it will take out the stain, but most likely the oxy clean has basically dyed your carpet and it will be permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment